June 13-15, 2018
St. Gallen (Switzerland)
4th Advances in Destination Management
@ Einstein St. Gallen - Hotel Congress Spa
The 4th biennial Advances in Destination Management Forum (ADM) invites researchers and practitioners to share and discuss contributions that aim at advancing destination management and marketing. The forum provides an excellent opportunity
- to develop an understanding of the state-of-the-art in destination management research and practice,
- to test novel ideas in front of an interdisciplinary audience interested/versed in destination management,
- to challenge destination management’s cherished assumptions based on practical experience or theoretical considerations, and
- to help identify and shape the research agenda in this domain published after the ADM forum as the St. Gallen Consensus on Destination Management.
ADM 2018 invites contributions in six different streams:
- Destinations as storyscapes
- What is next in destination strategy?
- The future of destination management organizations (“bricolage at the fringes”)
- Measurement of tourist behavior and data integration for tourism purposes
- Governance, regulation, and leadership for destination networks
- Open advances (i.e., open stream for new issues, concepts, niche topics, etc.)
Contributions of the two target groups vary in aim and form. Please refer to the academic and practitioner submission guidelines for further detail.
Scholars are invited to submit empirical and conceptual research or viewpoints that push the boundaries of existing knowledge and have the potential to inspire insightful and controversial discussions. Their contributions take the form of short papers that should comprise approximately 5-8 pages.
Practitioners are invited to provide state-of-the-art practical insights or domain-relevant challenges in the form of PPT-presentations that hold potential to inspire insightful and controversial discussions.
Oct 2, 2017 Start of submission period
Jan 22, 2018 End of submission period
Mar 12, 2018 Author notification (academic: double-blind reviews)
and registration (early bird) opens
Jun 13, 2018 Official conference opening
Organizers and venues
For any inquiries regarding ADM 2018, please contact Mr. Samuel Heer (IMP-HSG, Dufourstrasse 40a, CH-9000 St. Gallen, Switzerland) at email@example.com