June 13-15, 2018
St. Gallen (Switzerland)
4th Advances in Destination Management
Guidelines for academic submissions
Content. Academic submissions must take the form of a short paper. Short papers focus on a few main ideas of your work. They should
- explain the nature and purpose of the paper,
- its theoretical background, the research gap,
- the methodological approach,
- main findings, and contributions.
Copyrights remain with authors at all times. This allows for the submission of your most recent work (in progress) and to get feedback on your new ideas!
Format your paper your way. Your submission should comprise approximately 5-8 pages (i.e., 3,000-4,000 words). Except for page limitations, we adhere to the “Your-Paper-Your-Way” formatting philosophy. Please be reasonable and consider your readers! To handle the inflow of submissions, please do not forget to include the following information on the separate title page (see specimen to the right).
We supply conference attendees with a book of abstracts . To include your work, you must submit your abstract using the following template.
We ask you to submit 3 files via email to email@example.com:
- your abstract in our template;
- your short paper without identifiers for review; and
- your title page.
Submission. For the purpose of double-blind review, please make sure you eliminate all identifiers from your manuscript. Submission period ends Monday, January 22, 2018, 08:00:00 (CET).
Consensus. As a point of reference or to connect to previous years' discussions, the past Consensus on Destination Management can be accessed via the following links:
- Reinhold, S., Laesser, C., & Beritelli, P. (2017). The 2016 Consensus on Advances in Destination Management. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management. doi :http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2017.03.001
- Reinhold, S., Laesser, C., & Beritelli, P. (2015). 2014 St. Gallen Consensus on destination management. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management 4(2). doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2015.03.006
- Laesser, C., & Beritelli, P. (2013). St. Gallen Consensus on Destination Management. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, 2(1), 46-49. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2012.11.003